Online Voting in Georgia
Online Voting: NOT YET
Online Registration: YES
Registering to Vote in Georgia
The deadline for voter registration depends on the election. Find deadlines for specific elections here.
- Be a citizen of Georgia
- Be a citizen of the US
- Must be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register to vote and 18 years old to vote
- No person who has been convicted of a felony may register, remain registered, or vote except upon completion of his or her sentence
- No person who has been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent may register, remain registered, or vote unless the disability has been removed
Where and How to Register
You can check your current voter registration status at the GA My Voter Page.
You can register to vote in Georgia online, by mail, or in person.
To register by mail, you can either download the State of Georgia Application for Voter Registration form, or pick up a copy from the following locations:
- Your county Board of Registrar’s office
- The public library
- Public assistance offices
- Colleges and universities
- Other government offices
Mail the completed form to the address on the form. Your voter registration card should arrive in the mail within four weeks.
If you opt to register to vote in person, you may do so at the Georgia Department of Driver Services when you either apply for your GA driver’s license or renew your GA driver’s license.
Be sure to bring one of the following with you when you vote:
- A GA driver’s license
- A valid employee photo ID issued by any entity of the US government or any county or entity of the state
- A valid US passport
- A valid US military ID with photo
- A valid tribal ID with photo
- Any valid photo ID issued by the state or federal government
If you do not have one of the accepted forms of ID listed above, you may apply for a Georgia Voter ID Card. You can get this ID at any county Board of Registrar’s office or from your local DDS. You will need to show:
- A photo ID document (or an approved document without a photo but with your full legal name and birth date)
- Proof of your date of birth
- Proof that you are currently a registered voter
- Documentation that provides your name and residential address
For help getting a Voter Identification Card, contact you county Board of Registrar’s office or the Secretary of State’s Elections Division by phone at (404) 656-2871 between 8 am and 5:30 pm.
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
One of the best ways to make sure that your vote counts is by supporting Follow My Vote’s online voting platform. This open source voting platform is designed around security, convenience, and most importantly, transparency. Using the security of blockchain technology and elliptic curve cryptography, Follow My Vote intends to ensure that democracy thrives through honest and verifiable elections worldwide.
GA My Voter Page
State of Georgia Application for Voter Registration
Please contact us if any of the information above needs updating!