Online Voting: NOT YET
Online Registration: NOT YET
Registering to Vote in Idaho
You must submit your application by the 25th day prior to an election. You may also register to vote at the polling place on Election Day by showing one of the following forms of ID:
- A valid Idaho driver’s license
- A valid Idaho identification card
- Any document which contains a valid address in the precinct with a picture identification card
- A valid student ID from a post-secondary educational institution in Idaho
In order to be eligible to register to vote in Idaho, you must:
- Have resided in Idaho and in the county for 30 days
- Be a citizen of the US
- Not have been convicted of a felony unless you have had your civil rights restored
- Not be currently confined in prison on conviction of a criminal offense
Where and How to Register
You can register to vote in Idaho either by mail or in person by printing and completing the Idaho Voter Registration Form, and either mailing or hand-delivering it to the applicable county listed on the application.
If you decide to mail your form and you are a first time voter, you must provide a copy of one of the following which shows your name and address:
- A current photo ID
- A copy of a current utility bill
- A paycheck
- A bank statement
You will receive a card in the mail notifying you that your registration was received.
Alternatively, you can register at the polling place on Election Day, but you must bring proof of ID and proof of residency.
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
One of the best ways to make sure that your vote counts is by supporting Follow My Vote’s online voting platform. This open source voting platform is designed around security, convenience, and most importantly, transparency. Using the security of blockchain technology and elliptic curve cryptography, Follow My Vote intends to ensure that democracy thrives through honest and verifiable elections worldwide.