Online Voting: NOT YET
Online Registration: YES
Registering to Vote in Louisiana
To vote in Louisiana, you must complete your voter registration at least 30 days before the election.
To qualify to vote in Louisiana, you must:
- Be a US citizen
- Be a Louisiana citizen and reside in the parish in which you want to vote
- Be at least 17 years old, and 18 on Election Day
- Cannot have been deemed mentally incompetent or otherwise had your voting rights suspended under judgment
- Not be currently incarcerated for a felony conviction
Where and How to Register
Using Louisiana’s Online Voter Registration system, you may now register to vote online. When you register online, you must provide:
- Your driver’s license number or special identification card number
- Your 4-digit audit code (this code is on your driver’s license or your special ID card and is labeled “AUDIT”)
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
Alternatively, you may opt to vote by mail or in person.
To register to vote by mail, complete the Louisiana Voter Registration Application and mail it to the applicable address listed on the form. You can use the last four digits of your Social Security number to verify your identity, or your Louisiana driver’s license or other ID card. If you register by mail you will receive a verification that you have successfully been registered in the mail.
To register in person, either fill out the registration application or pick it up at one of the following voter registration sites:
- The Registrar of Voter’s office
- Your local Office of Motor Vehicles
- The Department of Social Services
- Offices serving WIC, food stamps, or Medicaid clients
- Any office serving people with disabilities, including Independent Living offices
- Military recruitment offices
If you register in person, you must bring proof of age, residency, and identity. This can be your driver’s license, birth certificate, or any other document that proves your age, residency, and identity. Without a photo ID, you may bring a document showing your full name and address such as a utility bill or paycheck.
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
One of the best ways to make sure that your vote counts is by supporting Follow My Vote’s online voting platform. This open source voting platform is designed around security, convenience, and most importantly, transparency. Using the security of blockchain technology and elliptic curve cryptography, Follow My Vote intends to ensure that democracy thrives through honest and verifiable elections worldwide.
Please contact us if any of the information above needs updating!