Online Voting: NOT YET
Online Registration: NOT YET
Registering to Vote in Nebraska
To vote in Nebraska, you must register by the 3rd Friday before an election. If you register to vote in person, the deadline is 6 pm on the 2nd Friday before an election.
To be eligible to vote in Nebraska, you must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Live in the state of Nebraska, you are eligible to vote the day you move
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November
- Have not been convicted of a felony, unless two years have passed since the completion of your sentence including any parole term
- Have not been found to be mentally incompetent
Where and How to Register
You may register to vote either by mail or in person. If your registration is successful, you will receive verification and information about your polling place.
To register by mail, you must complete the Nebraska Voter Registration Application. This form is also available for pickup at libraries, post offices, and banks. If it is your first time registering in NE, you should include either a copy of a current photo ID or a copy of a document such as a bank statement or utility bill that is dated no more than 60 days before you submit your application and shows your name and address as it appears on your application. Mail the form to the address listed on the form.
You may complete registration in person at the following locations:
- The office of your County Clerk / Election Commissioner
- An NE DMV office when you apply for or renew your driver’s license
- The NE Department of Health and Human Services
- The NE Department of Education
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
One of the best ways to make sure that your vote counts is by supporting Follow My Vote’s online voting platform. This open source voting platform is designed around security, convenience, and most importantly, transparency. Using the security of blockchain technology and elliptic curve cryptography, Follow My Vote intends to ensure that democracy thrives through honest and verifiable elections worldwide.
Please contact us if any of the information above needs updating!