Online Voting: NOT YET
Online Registration: YES
Registering to Vote in South Carolina
In South Carolina there are many ways to register to vote, including online voter registration!
- be a United States citizen -be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws or if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Where and How to Register
You can register to vote online here.
- Requires S.C. Driver’s License or DMV ID.
- If you have moved, you must first update your residence address with DMV.
You can also register in person through the county board of voter registration as well as via the mail, fax, or email. You can download a voter registration form for South Carolina here.
Voter registration ends 30 days prior to every election. Also the last day to register to vote for a Tuesday election is always on a Saturday.
- All forms of voter registration must be received prior to the deadline.
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
One of the best ways to make sure that your vote counts is by supporting Follow My Vote’s online voting platform. This open source voting platform is designed around security, convenience, and most importantly, transparency. Using the security of blockchain technology and elliptic curve cryptography, Follow My Vote intends to ensure that democracy thrives through honest and verifiable elections worldwide.